This post will be sharing a review of the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse.
I’m so excited to finally talk about my current favourite body care product. As someone sensitive to perfumes and colognes, finding a subtle fragranced dry oil that I can use daily without any issues is such a game-changer for me. I tested a 10ml sample size, and I couldn’t stop. I immediately went to get two extra full-sized bottles because of how fantastic this product was.
NUXE is a French Pharmacy Brand that formulates products backed by nature, performance, and sensuality for those unfamiliar with the brand. This is why you’ll find most if not all their products to be fragranced. I honestly can’t stand fragrance for my face, but I really don’t mind my body. In fact, the more fragranced the body care product is, the higher chances I’ll purchase it.
So far, I’ve gone ahead to test other Nuxe body care products. Still, unfortunately, I haven’t been that impressed except for the Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Moisturizing Stick, which is quite possibly the most moisturizing lip product you’ll ever use. It’s simply amazing. For the rest of their products, it’s honestly a hit or miss. So, if you eventually try out the Huile Prodigieuse and want to explore other products, make sure you choose wisely.
First Impressions of the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse
According to NUXE;
Experience the iconic cocktail of 7 precious 100% botanical oils in Huile Prodigieuse® to nourish and repair the face, body and hair in a single step. A product to nourish your glow for beautifully soft skin and reconnection with your senses. It infuses your skin with an irresistible satin sheen with no oily finish thanks to its inimitable dry touch texture. Its addictive sun-kissed scent of warm sand promises to reveal your sensuality. Skincare formulated and produced in France.
Ingredient List & Fragrance
According to Nuxe, the Huile Prodigieuse is a blend of 7 botanical oils with complementary properties selected for their affinity to the skin. They include:
- Tsubaki Oil
- Argan Oil
- Macadamia Oil
- Borage Oil
- Camellia Oil
- Hazelnut Oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
Now, this dry oil comes in three different fragrances;
- Huile Prodigieuse Orginal
- This also has three different versions: light, rich and shimmer.
- It’s fragrance is described as a moment of intense sensuality thanks to its scent with notes of Orange Blossom, Magnolia and Vanilla.
- Huile Prodigieuse Florale
- It’s fragrance is described as a mischievous moment of happiness thanks to its sparkling floral scent (Grapefruit, Magnolia, Musk).
- Huile Prodigieuse Neroli
- Instead of 7, this version is formualed with just two botanical oil which include Organic Ente Plum Oil and Organic Sesame Oil
- It’s fragrance is described as a moment of serenity thanks to its aromatic scent with soothing notes of Bergamot, Neroli (Orange Blossom) and Lavandin.
I initially tried the original version. Then I went through 50ml of the florale version before returning to the 100ml of the original version. At the moment, the florale is currently my favourite, hands down.
Packaging & Sizes
Possibly my favourite thing about this product is that it also comes in a spray bottle. I tried using the one without a spray, and I usually use it too much. So, I was over the moon when I found out that a spray version was available.
As for sizes, it comes in four sizes depending on how you want to use it.
- 10ml – which is perfect for an overnight or weekend trip
- 30ml – also perfect for a few weekend trips
- 50ml – this can be kept either at home or on a week-long trip
- 100ml – this should should permanently sit on your skincare vanity at home as a result of how heavy it can be to move around. Also bear in mind that some of the 100ml sizes are limited editions so the packaging will be different.
Personally, the 50ml is just the right size for my palm. Depending on the length of my trip, I like to alternate between 10ml and 30ml for my travel skincare routine.
Price & Avalibility
I’m based in the U.K, so it is readily available to me. For those outside Europe, it is available to purchase on Amazon. Anytime you’ll in Paris or in Europe for vacation, make sure you stock up. As for the pricing, remember that affordability is relative. If you can’t afford to get the full sizes, start with smaller ones.
Review of the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse
I’ve gone through a few bottles of this product, and I can only describe it as simply luxurious. I even tweeted about it.
Finally trying out the @NuxeUK Huile Prodigieuse and it feels ✨ luxurious✨— E. | ✨ Lifestyle Blogger ✨ (@ebunandlife) November 2, 2021
Non-greasy dry oil that sinks instantly into the skin.
Pair that with @LaRochePosayUKI Lipikar Baume and you’re set against ashiness for the winter. 👌👌
Every time I apply this oil from my shoulders downwards, it feels like I’m drenched in some sensual magic potion, which is precisely the brand’s goal. I specifically use it at nighttime as it ticks all the right boxes for me;
- It’s super lightweight as it immediatly sinks into your skin on application.
- It is non-greasy and non-sticky.
- It’s fragranced but sensual so it doesn’t feel overwehelming.
As a multi-functional product, you can use it from head to toe but I personally just prefer to use it on my body alone over my moisturizer as I need a heavier occlusive for my winter skincare routine.
The Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse is simply an amazing all-round product. What’s literally not to love?! Plus, it is lightweight enough to work across all skin types.
This product has honestly become a staple in my body care routine. So much that I always have a backup and travel everywhere with it. If you haven’t joined the Nuxe train, I implore you to indulge this new year. Your skin will be grateful.