Table of Contents
This post will be shedding more light on The Ordinary Skincare Set as a gift idea for the women in your life.
It’s that time of the year again. I don’t know about you but I have started planning my holiday gifts for the people in my life. I don’t want to wait till the last minute like I did last year.
It is 2020 and things have changed. The era of buying generic gifts for people is literally over. Particularly in the age of Amazon, you have a myriad of stuff you can give to the different people in your life according to their interests. Which is why I thought about this specific gift idea.
The other day, I stumbled on The Ordinary Skincare Sets. I didn’t really pay too much attention to them because I realized that the sets are targeted towards beginners. Someone like me that has a decent level of skincare experience might not appreciate them as much. But then The Ordinary released a new set recently and I thought it made a perfect gift for the skincare newbies in our lives.
So today, I’m going to be shedding more light on these sets and recommending the best skin type and age bracket for each of them. This way, it’s easier for you to buy for a specific person in your life.
Introducing The Ordinary Skincare Set.
At the moment, there are currently three skincare sets including;
- The Daily Set
- The No-Brainer Set
- The Balance Set.
I’ll be discussing the content of each one of them and the set of people that will find them useful the most.
The Daily Set
Suitable for all skin types.
Recommended for teenagers and above.
This is the most basic skincare routine for anyone who is new to skincare or doesn’t particularly care about it. The idea behind this gift is to encourge them to start taking care of their skin without overwhelming them with one million products. The set consists of three key products including a cleanser, an hydrator and a moisturizer. These products also happen to be their best-selling products. They include;
- The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser is a gentle moisturizing cleanser. This can be used both in the AM and PM.
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 is amazing for hydration which all skin types can benefit from. The earlier you introduce hydration into your routine, the better you’re able to prevent skin concerns that come with dry dehydrated skin. Trust me, I would know.
- The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors is easily one of the best moisturizers I’ve used. Its non-greasy formula makes it suitable for all skin types. When paired with the Hyaluronic Acid, it will keep your skin plumped and moisturized all day!
The No-Brainer Set
Suitable for all skin types; particularly aging skin.
Recommended for late 20s and above.
The other day, I was thinking of getting a few of The Ordinary products for my mum and aunts. But I didn’t want to overwhelm them so I figured I’ll just stick to Retinods and Buffet.
The set is exactly what it says it is; a no-brainer. It comprises of three products that target signs of ageing including wrinkles and fine lines. It includes;
- The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion which is a beginner level retinol. While I went straight up to the 0.5% Retinol in Squalane and still suffered irritation, this has moderate strength with no irritation at all. The best thing is, you can easily build tolerance and move up to stronger percentages. This is a perfect serum for anyone who is new to retinol and needs to ease into them.
- The Ordinary Buffet which is one of The Ordinary’s bestselling products. It is a Peptide which targets multiple signs of ageing all at once. Think of it as a cocktail with some of the best ingredients. Rather than layering multiple products all at once, Buffet has combined powerful peptides into one serum.
- The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors which is also one of their best selling products. Having dry skin is easily one of the ways your skin can age prematurely. It’s only right to top off this combo with a moisturizer.
When you want to gift this set, consider the older women in your family or just people that will appreciate and get results from these products.
The Balance Set
Suitable for all skin types; particularly acne-prone skin.
Recommended for teenagers and above.
I was so excited about the release of this set because it is something I would gift to myself if I didn’t have all the individual products already. Anyone with acne-prone skin will find this set incredibly useful. Contrary to popular opinion, acne is not reserved for oily skin alone. Those with dry, normal and combination skin can also be acne-prone.
The set comprises of four products that make up a basic routine and they include;
- The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser which is gentle and moisturizing enough to use in the AM & PM.
- The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% which is everyone’s favourite for good reason. The combination of Niacinamide and Zinc will help control sebum production and reduce the look of blemishes and congestion. It is a life-changing product, particularly for teenagers struggling with acne.
- The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA which is a daily necessity in everyone’s routine.
- The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque which is a much milder and less irritating version of The Salicylic Acid Solution. This is such an amazing face masque that you can use a couple of times a week or just reserve till the weekend. Salicylic Acid helps unclog the pores that cause acne, whiteheads and blackheads.
This is such a perfect gift for the teenager in your life who just stressed from dealing with acne.
I don’t know about you but I feel like The Ordinary Skincare Set is timely and will come in very useful. They’re affordable, accessible and valuable. Imagine transforming someone’s skin from just using the products in any of these sets.
Don’t sleep on this products in 2020!