Table of Contents
This post will be sharing the must have products from The Ordinary for Oily Skin.
When The Ordinary Skincare launched, there was a reason their Niacinamide 10% + Zinc Serum became their best selling product. Before them, there hasn’t been that many brands spearheading single-ingredient products. So, it’s safe to say that The Ordinary revolutionized the skincare industry.
Over the last few years, The Ordinary has tried to expand their portfolio of products to serve the different skin types. At the moment, you can create a basic skincare routine strictly with The Ordinary products and you would be fine. You can also take it a step further to tackle each of your skin concerns from dryness to acne, acne scars and ageing.
People with oily skin are not left out. While there might not be that many products targeted to people with oily skin, the few ones available are bestsellers for a reason. This goes to show how effective and well-loved the products are.
If you have oily skin and you’re looking to create a skincare routine with The Ordinary Skincare products, this post is for you.
The Ordinary for Oily Skin: AM Skincare Routine
Compared to dry skin, layering extra hydrating products for our oily skin is completely optional. This is because your skin can get by with the basics. Here’s an easy routine that works in the mornings:
- Cleanse with The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser: This is a no-fuss cleanser that is hydrating and can work as your first cleanse. If it’s not enough and you feel like you need to go in with a second cleanser, reach out for a foaming one.
- Treat with The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%: This is a holy grail serum for a lot of people with oily skin. Niacinamide is amazing for controlling oil production that causes congestion. It also helps reduce the look of blemishes and brightens your skin tone. A powerhouse right there!
- Moisturize with The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors: Just because you’re oily doesn’t mean you shouldn’t moisturize. Thankfully, this formula from The Ordinary is lightweight and non-greasy. If you find it too heavy, you can swap it out for a gel cream.
- Protect with The Ordinary Mineral UV Filters SPF 30 with Antioxidants: Every skin type needs to be protected from harmful UVA & UVB rays. Wearing sunscreen also prevents your breakout from pigmenting and leaving a scar.
The Ordinary for Oily Skin: PM Routine
There isn’t much difference between the AM & PM routines. But this doesn’t mean that you should skip it. Routines encourage consistency and help to keep your skin in top shape. So, if you don’t want to walk about with a greasy face, that your PM routine seriously as well.
- Cleanse with The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser: If you wear makeup and/or sunscreen, you want to go in first with this cleanser with that all off. Most times, it won’t be enough so don’t hesitate to go back in with a foaming cleanser.
- Exfoliate with The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque: I’m sure you might have heard that The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Solution was discontinued. While it is currently being updated, they have given us a masque to use temporarily. How nice of them! This is such an amazing product for anyone with oily acne-prone skin. The combination of the Amazonian Clays and 2% Salicylic Acid will help to get rid of all that dead skin cells that clog our pores and causes breakouts. You should try to use this 1-2x a week on dry skin.
- Treat with The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 2%: On alternate mask days, you can go in next with this amazing serum or any other you’re using to treat other skin concerns.
- Moisturize with The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors: Again, oily skin also needs to be hydrated and moisturized. Don’t skip this last step.
The amazing thing about these routines for oily skin is that The Ordinary has put together the products in a set that comes at a discounted price. This way you can buy all the products you need at once. Don’t forget to include your sunscreen separately if you haven’t.
Now, if your skin is used to being chemically exfoliated with acids with little or no irritation and you know how to soothe that irritation, you might want to try The Ordinary AHA/BHA Peeling Solution. Personally, I use it once a month as well. It helps so much with my texture and my skin is smooth for the next week.
If you’re feeling completely intimidated and overwhelmed by The Ordinary skincare I recommend taking Extraordinary Skin With The Ordinary. The Ordinary speed training created by my scientist friend Cheryl Woodman. Cheryl’s helped hundreds of ladies see real-life results, first hand. Click here to find out more about the course and see their reviews.
I’m sure you can see now that you can have a simple and affordable skincare routine for your oily skin with The Ordinary Skincare. I hope these products give you great results as well.